Midstream College Primary is a school of excellence. Our character and identity make us stand out as a school that proudly serves our unique community. We proudly invest in the future of our most important asset – our children. Our pursuit of collaboration and team building between learners, parents and teachers, creates a spirit of caring.
Our Christian principles and value-driven approach to discipline, create a safe environment, in which every learner is afforded the opportunity to achieve the highest level in the academic, sport and cultural spheres.
Our selected staff create a learning environment in which each child can achieve his or her God-given purpose in life. Each learner’s character is strengthened by our core principles, namely respect, loyalty, caring, honesty, fairness and kindness.
Our safe and secure facilities provide opportunities for world-class education. Midstream College Primary is the school where you want to be!
Midstream College was the dream of the developers of Midstream Estates, the Bondev Group. The school was opened in January 2006, by its directors, namely: Johan van Wyk, Jan Zeederberg, Riaan Botma and Chris Smith.
With quality education and development demands in mind, it was decided that the Latin word Excellentia, which means excellence, would be the motto of the school. The school badge is a combination of landmarks from the area: the bridges over the stream, the Highveld ridges and the towers at the entrance to Midstream.
After much deliberation, it was decided that the College would be a parallel medium institution. Midstream College Primary School was officially opened on 17 January 2006, with Vernon Harmse as headmaster. There were originally 21 teachers and 370 learners from Grade 1 to Grade 7.
Midstream College Primary School’s school song was written and composed by a very talented previously employed music teacher, Antoinette Holford. The school hall was officially opened on 19 January 2007 and the Bondev pavilion was officially opened in November 2007.
Midstream College currently consists of Midstream Pre-Primary School, Midstream College Primary School, Midstream Ridge Primary School and Midstream College High School.
This independent school will endeavour to provide each learner with the skills necessary in a fast-paced, changing world. We strive to provide holistic, equal opportunities for the acquisition of knowledge and to encourage growth in academic, physical and cultural areas to produce well-adapted, responsible individuals in society. Philosophy: Midstream College Primary School is distinguished by its vision and motto EXCELLENTIA – striving for excellence, which implies the following:
- Education of the highest quality for all learners
- Each learner will be regarded and treated as an individual, to realise his/her optimal potential
- Development of the learners’ spiritual values
- A value system taught to all learners to give them the opportunity to strengthen and understand their relationship with God and their fellow man
- To develop learners physically through healthy team and individual sport participation, in line with their physical abilities
- To provide learners from Grade 4 – 7 the opportunity to take English as a home language and to take Afrikaans as a home language or as a First Additional language
- To develop learners with acceptance and respect for all cultures.
Outcome: Midstream College strives to achieve the following:
- Limiting the numbers of learners in each class to below 30
- Appointing only well-trained and inspirational teachers
- Providing constant support to learners to enable them to reach their potential
- Educating learners thoroughly in the basics of all subjects
- Using methods of education that will promote independence and creative thinking.