This independent school will endeavour to provide each learner with the skills necessary in an fast-paced, changing world.
We strive to provide holistic, equal opportunities for the acquisition of knowledge and to encourage growth in academic, physical and cultural areas to produce well-adapted, responsible individuals in society.
Midstream College Primary School is distinguished by its vision and motto EXCELLENTIA – striving for excellence, which implies the following:
Midstream College strives to achieve the following:
- – education of the highest quality for all learners
- – each learner will be regarded and treated as an individual, to realise his/her optimal potential
- – development of the learners’ spiritual values – a value system taught to all learners to give them the opportunity to strengthen and understand their relationship with God and their fellow man
- – to develop learners physically through healthy team and individual sport participation, in line with their physical abilities
- – to provide learners from Grade 4-7 the opportunity to take English as a home language and to take Afrikaans as a home language or as a First Additional language
- – to develop learners with acceptance and respect for all cultures.
- – limiting the numbers of learners in each class to below 30
- – appointing only well-trained and inspirational teachers
- – providing constant support to learners to enable them to reach their potential
- – educating learners thoroughly in the basics of all subjects
- – using methods of education which will promote independence and creative thinking.